About Open Strategy Partners
We align your communications with your vision, strategy, and technical truth.
OSP helps technology organizations communicate the value of what they do to connect them to the people who need to know about it and grow. We create strategic content with our clients that is both compelling and technically accurate. We combine technical analysis, research-by-interview, and systematic, repeatable writing and editing practices to do this.
Our goal is to apply empathy, communicate with clarity, and build trust — giving perspective, context, and depth to technical stories while keeping them free of marketing hyperbole.
We could afford a dedicated internal marketer, but we opted for a tighter relationship with OSP because the money is better invested due to the whole organizational power.
We love to work with nice people — there’s always a positive vibe! Even in challenging moments. That’s majorly important to us!
Working at Open Strategy Partners
We are a human-first company. Our priority is planning and creating a fair flow of work for our team and our clients. We make our own workdays easier by focusing on repeatable, documented processes. Among many positive side effects, this means OSP delivers consistent quality that we are proud of. And we plan capacity and meet deadlines while still taking care of ourselves and our lives outside work. We are highly collaborative, supportive, and committed to a positive working culture.
We believe that we can help more people than we could ever take on as clients (and make the world a tiny bit better along the way). Therefore, we also enthusiastically teach and share our methodologies, materials, experience, and templates.
What we offer
- A highly collaborative, supportive team committed to a positive working culture. We take care of ourselves and each other. We say thank you.
- We care. And we have an opinion. We don’t use violent language. We don’t write negative copy. Instead, we highlight the best in our clients.
- Flexible project-based work on a freelance basis. Tell us about your availability and desired hours per week. Our current team members work anywhere from 10 to 30 hours per week. Keeping our client deadlines in mind:
- We plan our work weeks around our needs.
- Some of us work part-time, work four days a week, or are full-time parents and part-time OSPeas, or have other jobs and commitments.
- We are a distributed team. You can work with us from anywhere.
- We are remote-first. Our main office is in Cologne, Germany, and our team stretches from West Coast US and Canada, across Europe, to Australia. Our client base covers similarly diverse geography and time zones.
- OSP: Bologna, Cologne, Hamburg, Ireland, Melbourne, Miami, New York, Ontario, Québec, San Francisco, Vancouver! ... and your town?
The OSP Manifesto: Learn, Share, Repeat
- We are human-centric and inclusive.
- We apply empathy to achieve clarity and build trust.
- We communicate to connect with others and help all of us grow.
- We ask questions to listen and learn from the answers.
- We enthusiastically share our knowledge and experiences with others.
- We say "yes, and ..."
- We build bridges between our values and the value we deliver.
While we are not actively recruiting at this time, if you see yourself succeeding at Open Strategy Partners and helping us help our clients, we would love to hear from you. Below, you can click into two typical team profiles at OSP. Get in touch with us about job opportunities at email@example.com.
J.O.B. at OSP!
Call for Writers
Join our close-knit team of writers and editors at OSP, a "words-first" company!My typing fingers are interested!